| || |
Patti Catalano Dillon held the American Record for almost every distance from the 5 mile to the Marathon and World Records in the Half-Marathon, 20 Kilometers, 30 Kilometers and 5 mile. She has been ranked second as the top female American Marathoners of all times. Catalano Dillon along with Joan Benoit Samuelson ignited American women’s Marathon Running. She is a four time Champion of the Honolulu and a five time of the Ocean State marathon. She is the first American women to run a 2:30 marathon and the second in the world to do so.
Just before Patti Catalano Dillon 23rd birthday she decided to start running to loose weight. She was 40 pounds over weight and smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day.
- First American Woman to break a 2:30 Marathon and second in the world
- Ranked second as top female American Marathoners of all times
- Five time winner of the Ocean State Marathon
- Held the American Record in the 5 Mile, 10K, 15K, 10 Mile, Half Marathon, 30K and the Marathon
- Held the World Record in the 5 Mile, 10K, 20K and Half Marathon
- started a running club called the Connecticut Home-school Harriers, including 40 kids from ages 5 to 15